Our community mental health program, Getting in Touch (GIT), is committed to working with community partners in order to raise awareness about mental health issues and co-ordinate social/recreational programs for individuals requiring mental health support.
We work with community partners to:
- Reduce the incidence of mental health related hospitalizations in Northwest Toronto
- Increase participant’s social interaction and integration into the community.
- Reduce barriers to accessing mental health services caused by class, race, gender, language, sexual orientation and/or physical/mental health.
- Increase opportunities for participant knowledge and referral to other appropriate community resources.
- Access and contribute to a safe, supportive and creative environment in which to enhance participant capacities in dealing with life issues.
Please contact us at (416) 663-2733 ext 224 to learn more about our work.